Monday, February 22, 2010

Katanagatari EP01

     So, I just finished watching Katanagatari and I fully approve of this series. I remember peeping this awhile back and was kinda' not all that impressed with the art and thought it was lacking. However, I was gravely reminded of Kaiba and I'm glad I sat down and watched this episode. 

The Rundown: I'm really bad with names so, everyone will just have to make due with my poverty names. Togame (the only name I actually remember)is the self-declared super strategist of her country and is currently on a quest to gather 12 super katanas from all over the country to help promote her rank. Togame travels to some isolated island in search of a legendary fisticuff fighter, but instead discovers the man died a year ago and only his son and daughter are left. 


     Luckily for Togame, the son, I'll call him flower guy, is actually trained in his fathers fisticuff techniques. Flower guy isn't all that well versed in human socialization, seeing as he was living on an island for 20 years, and is bewildered about what to do. And for 20 minutes, I kid you not, 20 minutes she tries to persuade flower guy to come help her find the 12 super swords. 

     Flower guy and Togame are attacked by the evil prince of tennis (His name started with a K) so, Flower Guy goes to find the attacker. The attacker kidnaps Togame and introduces some pretty hype bondage scenes (not really) Anyways, Flower Guy discovers Togame is actually trying to seek the aid of her enemies to try and, I guess, unite the country. 

Final Opinions: I really enjoyed this episode and I'm anxiously waiting for more. The artwork is a nice change of pace and I think Togame has the potential to replace my Takamachi Nanoha fetish. Seriously though, give it a whirl... I'm glad I took another gander at this series and look forward to watching EP02

       

  


No comments:

Post a Comment